We love zero waste recipes.
It feels good to make a meal by incorporating leftovers from another meal to avoid waste. This week, we have chicken thighs leftovers marinated in lemon, garlic, and spices. And we decided to incorporate it into our risotto.
Here is the result!
Time: 45 minutes | Yield: 8 people
- 750 g arborio rice
- 227 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g chorizo cut into thin slices
- 200 g chicken
- 200 g green beans, cut in half
- 3-4 finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup white wine
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 125 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, soften the chorizo in 1 spoon of butter over high heat for 5 minutes
- Add the beans, continue cooking 2-3 minutes
- Add the shallots, salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute
- Add the second spoon of butter and rice, mix with the ingredients in the pan
- Pull apart the remaining chicken and add; incorporate white wine and 1 cup chicken broth. Lower heat to medium
- Mix well, and continue to add 1 cup broth at a time, stirring frequently, until liquid is completely absorbed between each cup.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, add the mushrooms and continue with the rest of the broth until the rice is cooked
- Remove from heat, add cheese, mix well and serve