Summer is way behind… but oh boy do we miss it!
So here we go, combining summer with winter, the freshness of pineapple with the warmth of shrimps cooked in it.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 | Yields: 4 people
- 600g of medium-sized shrimps without the shell and tail
- 1 ripe pineapple
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup cooking cream (15%)
- 113 gr cream cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Half onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. grated mozzarella or cheddar
- Cut the pineapple in half on its length, empty both side. Cut the pieces in small cubes and keep aside.
- In a frying pan sauté the olive oil, garlic and until transparent.
- Add the shrimp and let it cook until it’s pink. Then add the pieces of pineapple and mix well for 2 minutes. Keep some pieces aside to decorate the pineapple.
- Add the coconut milk, cooking cream and cream cheese, and mix until the sauce is homogenous. Bring it to boil.
- Remove from stove and pour the sauce in the two pineapple halves, add the grated cheese and put in the oven for 15 minutes on 325 o F.
It can be served with white rice.