Often times, we tend to throw way the stems of some veggies like swiss chard when not fully used in a given recipe. But, we don’t like to waste, let’s use everything and make the best of what we consume.
So why not make some marinated swiss chard stems.
Ingredients & kitchenware
- Stems of 2 bunches of swiss chard
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stem lemon thyme
- 2 500 ml mason jars
- In a pot, bring the vinegar, water and salt to boil.
- In the meantime, cut the stems of the swiss chard in ½ inch pieces and distribute evenly in the 2 jars to fill them up.
- When the mix boils, remove from the stove and pour directly into the jars to cover the stems.
- Close the lids tightly and refrigerate for 48 hours before eating.
Marinated swiss chard stems can accompany many dishes, like BBQs, meats and poultry.