Homemade lemonade is always refreshing and even better when you add different fruits to make a change from the regular lemonade?
The base is always the same, but the secret can be exactly in that. Here is a recipe that our co-founder Lara Osseiran shares with us, that of her grandmother. And grandmothers’ recipes always have something special!
It is often said that more nutrients and vitamins are found in the skin of fruits and vegetables. Well, this recipe takes advantage of the lemon skin.
Time: 15 minutes | Yield: 6 people
- 6 lemons, diced with the skin
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 cups of cold water
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of fruits to your taste
- ¼ cups fresh mint leaves
- Some ice cubes
- Place lemons and sugar in a bowl
- Crush everything with your hands for 5 minutes, to release all the lemon juice. Make sure to rub the skin well
- Let it macerate for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, mix the fruits of your choice in the blender (strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, blueberries, etc.) to puree
- Strain the lemon in a pitcher, followed by the fruit purée
- Add water, ice cubes and mint leaves
Enjoy all the aromas from the lemon skin and the fruits. If you only want the regular lemonade, skip the steps with the fruits.